Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Staycation" Day 1

Steve and I took a week off from both jobs this week for a vacation. We aren't actually going anyway. We just wanted some days to relax. Our "Staycation", as the media has been calling it, was pretty uneventful yesterday. Which is just the way we wanted it. We woke up at around 10:30-11ish and went out for Breakfast/Lunch at the Pancake House, which was very good. Then we went back home and took a nap until around 4. We then got up and I made some chili for us to eat tommorrow and Steve made some Hamburgers on the grill for us to eat for dinner. Steve then went to work on painting our spare room. He is painting the room in Ohio State colors. After dinner, we sat around and watched some TV and then Steve decided he wanted to make some Chocolate Chip cookies, so he did. They were really good.
Steve finished up the "O" in the spare room and I went to bed at around midnight.

Today, Steve is going to try and finish up the room and hopefully finish the living room too. Yesterday was a great relaxing day to start the vacation. I'm not sure what we will do today. We are sorta going to play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment