Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, September 15, 2008

"Staycation": The Weekend




On Friday, Steve said we were acting like an old married couple because we went out to lunch at 4pm, then at around 8:30 we went to Menards and Walmart, not because we needed anything, just to get out of the house and go for a walk. Friday was pretty uneventful. Steve did finish his Ohio State room.






Saturday was a bit of a rainy day. I got up and worked on some of my postcard scrapbooking. I haven't done much with them for awhile because I didn't have the space to spread out or the time. Saturday afternoon was football time. We watched most of the Notre Dame game and laughed to ourselves at all the people getting wet. We were a bit disapointed that they won, but it was a good game. The smell of all the barbeques outside made me want some, so Steve grilled barbeque chicken. We ended up making it on our George Foremen grill since it was raining pretty hard still.

Saturday evening was the Ohio State and USC game. Poor Ohio State did not do so well. We are hoping for a better game next week.

On Sunday, we got up for church. It was raining again. We had originally planned to join my parents at the B100 Birthday Bash after church, but it was canceled due to weather. I did have to go out and brave the rain though. I had to do some grocery shopping so Steve and I would have some food to eat. That is pretty important because Steve likes to eat. Aldi wasn't to flooded but I still got pretty wet running in and out. Martins was a whole nother story though. I pulled into the parking lot and felt like I was driving through a small lake. I named it Lake Martins. I picked a spot to park and started to get out of my car and realized when I opened the door that water was almost up to the door. So I decided to park somewhere else. I finally found a somewhat dry place to park that wasn't to far away. I got out of my car only to realize that in order to get to the Martins door I would have to walk through "Lake Martins." It was ankle deep and deeper in most places. I went in and quickly got the few things we needs and threaded back through the lake to get to my car. I was very happy when I finally got home. Once I got home, we stayed inside until it stopped raining. We got almost 11 inches of rain both Saturday and Sunday.
To end our vacation, we went for a nice walk and then went to bed.
All and all it was a relaxing "staycation."

No comments:

Post a Comment