Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bible Study Theme Verse

Jeremiah 17:7-8

New International Version (NIV)
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
    whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
    that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
    its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
    and never fails to bear fruit.”

I chose this verse to be the Theme Verse for the online Bible Study I lead.  I have never met most these amazing ladies in person, but we were all brought together because we have one thing in common.  Our paths crossed because of great heartbreak, but together we are looking to the future.  Anxiety can sneak up and destroy you if you let it.  We are blessed because we trust in the Lord and have confidence in Him.  I know I'm not alone in feeling anxious when we feel like we are in a drought.  A drought is when you feel like everything around you is falling apart and that God can't possibly still be there.  It's hard to turn to God when you feel empty.  We don't have to fear the drought because God promises us that even when we go through heat we are still connected to His stream.  We always have the ability to bear fruit, even when we feel weak and empty because we are using His strength, not ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment