Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Healthy Recipes: Chicken with Red Potatoes

This Sunday, I was so proud of myself because I went to Martins and bought all fresh fruits and veggies - nothing frozen or processed.  The best part is that I was within budget.  I made this meal on Monday night when Steve's mom, step-dad and little sister were in town.  They enjoyed it too.

Chicken with Red Potatoes

In our roasting pan, I put red potatoes that I had cut in half or quarters with some vegetable oil and rosemary.  I baked them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes with the lid on.

Don't they look good already?  Then I added the fresh, not frozen, chicken thighs on top of the red potatoes.
Next, I added some spices, diced tomatoes, and onions
Then I baked everything together for 30 minutes with the lid on.  Finally, I took the lid off, flipped the chicken, stirred the potatoes and baked for another 20 with the lid off.  It turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment