Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fitness Club vs Financial Peace

It has been a fun adventure with this fitness club. Steve is really determined to win the contest. It has been trying to buy healthy foods and stick to our budget at the same time. Healthy foods are really expensive. I'm trying to find some good healthy recipes that are inexpensive to make. I know Dave Ramsey would be mad at us but we applied for the Mypoints Credit Card for our gas card. We have vowed to pay it off every month and to only us it for gas. We still budge for gas the same, but now we are getting points at mypoints for each dollar of each we buy. We are really close to paying off the last of our credit cards, so that should help our budget a bit. We need our friends to help hold us accountable in this though. If we start to get into trouble and start using it for non-gas we are going to cut it up and cancel it.

Our food and gas budgets have almost doubled in the last few months. Steve has been bring salads everyday for lunch, but the fresh fruits and veggies that we buy for them are expensive. It is frustrating because we want to be eating healthy but we can't keep spending so much on food.

Steve won this week in the Biggest Loser contest. I'm so proud of him. I didn't do as good this week. I dont think I was as motivated this week. I figured out a good way to gain or not lose weight is to get really frustrated and stressed out. This month has been really busy and I have working alot at Sears too, so the apartment was really messy and I felt I was always washing dishes. Laundry was piling up too. I also was at my wits with our roommate. I'm so tired her not washing her dishes, not paying rent, "borrowing" our food, etc. I'm trying to let it bother me though because I know she is trying to find a better job and an apartment. We are trying to be supportive and encouraging, but it's been a year. The reason she moved in with us was because she was going to be homeless and we were giving her the opportunity to save up for her wedding. She was also going to pay rent and help us with expenses because we had just lost those hours at the YWCA which equated to $500 in monthly income lost. Well, a year later she still has no money in the bank and she owes us almost $1000 in rent. It's frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I like helping people but I'm tired of supporting her and cleaning up after her.

No comments:

Post a Comment