Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Death to Our Washing Machine

Life has been pretty busy and crazy with me lately. I just havent been able to sleep and this lack of sleep has been making me really stressed. I find myself getting angry about things that I should not be getting angry about. Last night I almost broke my phone because I was angry that it wouldn't turn on.

I decided to go to sleep early after working out and got to thinking. I have an amazing husband that loves me, a great job with a great boss, great friends that care about me, and we are really close to financial peace, so I have no reason to be so stressed out.

Our washing machine decided to start dieing this week. Steve and I are going to go out tonight and find a new one. Steve thinks it might survive a little bit longer but he doesnt want to wait until it completely dies. He called me today while I was at work (He took a vacation day today) so I checked online what our savings balance is so we know how much we can spend.
We have enough in savings that we could get a pretty decent washing machine, which makes me happy. We also have an extra check in August. For the non-Dave Ramsey grads out there, that means we get paid every other week so there are 2 months during the year when we have 3 paychecks in one month. I love when I see God provide. He planned to have our washing machine die in the month where we have an extra check, so we have the money to pay for it. We originally planned to use the extra check to pay off the final balance of the credit card and Steve wanted a new phone, but we managed to pay off Providian with some extra money last month from Sears. I guess we will just have to see how much money is left from the 3rd check to see whether he gets his new phone or not. :)
Now we can use the third check for the washer and thanks to the 3rd check, we may be able to buy our new washer without touching savings at all, which will be nice.

On the bright side, Steve and I sent in our last payment for our last credit card this week. So now Steve just has to cancel it and cut it up. Now all we have left is Student Loans and my car payment. Let the Debt Snowball roll on.

No comments:

Post a Comment