Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Oh. What a Great Weekend

This weekend was a pretty relaxing weekend despite having a work both Friday and Saturday.  Work at YWCA is still pretty busy because I'm still trying to get caught up from being gone for 2 weeks in April.  After work on Friday, we were originally going to have some friends over and have homemade pizza, but they ended up not being able to make it.  :o(  So we ate the pizza anyway and went to the Greek Fest.  Yum... Baklava.

Saturday was work on day until 6.  After work, I went to Debbie Werbrouck's School of Dance's annual recital.  Both of my best friend girls were in it this year and also a young friend that my mom used to babysit for when she had her home day care.  It was Cadence's first year in dance and she did such a great job.  Kariana got an award for being a 6th year student.  Gracie got an award for 10 years.  They all did a great job.

Today, Steve is working on repairing the roof on our shed.  Our Homeowner's Insurance company gave us negative marks this fall because the shingles on the empty shed were falling off.  We also have to cut down the tree in the front yard or they have threatened to drop our coverage.  I really like that tree.  It keeps the front yard nice and cool.  Silver lining: Having the tree gone will mean less leaves to rake this fall.  We are now getting bids to get that done and it won't be cheap.  The tree is huge.  The picture above should give you an idea of just how big this tree is.  It actually is taller and wider than I could fit in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment