Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Devotional: Rest In Me Awhile

One of my online "friends" shared this today. I really liked it, so with her permission I'm sharing it here.
It's from a book, 365 Daily Devotional Jesus Calling.

June 27th, Devotion: "REST WITH ME A WHILE"

You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days.  The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty.  Look neither behind you nor before you.  Instead, focus you attention on Me, you constant Companion.  Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.

I designed time to be a protection for you.  You couldn't bear to see all your life at once.  Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you.  Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep droughts of My Presence.  The highest level of trust is to enjoy My moment by moment. I am with you, watching over you wherever you go.
   
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for you I lift up my soul. -Psalm 143:8
   
"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land.  I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." - Genesis 28:15


No comments:

Post a Comment