Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

10 Things Tuesday: What my Parents Taught Me

I've decided to borrow something from my online group.  I hope they don't mind. :o) Basically, you just list 10 random things about yourself.  It's fun to think of 10 random things and it's fun to read what everyone says.  Last week on here, I listed 10 people that are blessing in my life.  Here is this weeks...

10 Things My Parents Taught Me:

1. Thank you for teaching and modeling by example the value of work. For teaching me that work is where money comes from and that debt and borrowing are only for emergencies when their no other option.

2. Thank you for teaching me that I didn't always have to have the best and trendiest clothes or the newest electronic gadget to be important or loved.

3. Thank you for teaching me that the world doesn't owe me anything. I am not owed a new car, new house, great high paying job, or anything else. I am not entitled to anything. Nothing in life is free. If I want to achieve success, then I have to go out and earn it.

4. Thank you for teaching me the value of education, but that college does not guarantee to you a good job. Your hard work does.

5. Thank you for teaching me that working during college, making me pay own car insurance and car payment, and making me pay my college expenses was not child abuse and for not enabling me by paying for everything in the false sense that you were helping me.

6. Thank you for teaching me and my siblings by example what a solid, healthy marriage and family looks like.

7. Thank you for raising me with morals and values, so I didn't fall into the traps that so many in my generation have fallen into.

 8. Thank you for teaching me that have as little debt as possible and having a retirement fund is so much better than having a big house, a new car, or going on vacation every year.

9. Thank you for teaching me to never do or say anything while angry that you might regret later.

10. Thank you for teaching me personal responsibility and not to look for someone else to blame when I don’t get what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment