Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oasis: The Gift Series

My students never cease to amaze me. I am so proud of them. They really took ownership of this project. They took their time (about 3 weeks), their talent, and their resources to really bless the children of the YWCA. Oasis supplied $120 and they could do whatever they wanted with it. They decided to make some pillows and gift bags for the children staying at the YWCA and to donate some toys, blankets, etc to the animal shelter.

Here are some pictures of them in action. We are delivering the items to the YWCA this afternoon so I'll put up those pictures too.

Oasis: The Gift Project


Give your life with an attitude of generosity. It feels really good to help other people but it also blesses God's heart.

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version)
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

1 comment:

  1. I was excited to see you at Oasis this week. I didn't know you helped out with it. I have only been there for two weeks. The first group I was with did a project for the YWCA. These kids had some great ideas. I love middle school students!

    ReplyDelete