Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Oasis Update: March 21, 2007

Oasis: March 21, 2007

The Gift series is over. I know I have said it before but I'm so proud of this students. They were went over and above to help the children at the YWCA and the animals at the Humane Society. We didnt have Eagles Nest time this week which made a few of my girls a little sad but we made it through. We had a celebration for the projects instead. Judy showed videos of what each group did and talked about each group. All of the students did a really great job on all the projects. Some Eagles Nests split up into a guys group and a girls group but we kept ours all together since we don't have many guys.

GCC is entering a new phase with this new building project. This is the first project that had the students directly involved in it and i think it went great. Hopefully, my students learned a little about what it means to serve and give of yourself. Ask yourself...How do you want to me remembered? I want to be remembered as someone who spent her life serving other people. I can't wait to see what lies around the corner. What new adventures are in store for me and my girls, and guys too of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment