Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, December 13, 2010

2010 Pitney Family Christmas Weekend


Me with our newest niece, Heiress.
 This weekend was great.  Friday night, Steve went to the YWCA Christmas party and I had to work, so I couldn't go. :o(

Saturday, we both had the day off from Sears because it was the day of Steve's family Christmas.  Steve's family never has Christmas on Christmas and that's nice since my family always have Christmas on Christmas.  It was such a relaxing day of just hanging out with family.  The party was at Steve's brother's house in Bourbon, IN.  He lives out in the country, so he has a lot of space for playing for the kids and the guys had room to shoot guns at targets.  There was only a few minor injuries, so I guess they were successful.  The weather was a little rainy, so we did have to stay inside a lot.  On Steve's side of the family, there are ten kids between all of his brothers, so there were kids playing all over.  The kids range in age from school age to 3 months.  The little cutie in the picture above is our newest niece that was born in August.  It was a great day of family fun and eating really good food.  Steve's brother, Randy and his family stayed the night with us on Saturday night.  When we returned home, it was bedtime for the kiddos.
Sunday, we got up a little early for a normal Sunday.  We woke up and ate some breakfast.  Cheerios with banana was a big hit with the kids.  Steve and I wanted to give his bro and family the gift of Christmas family pictures this year and we were going to have Erin take them.  She had to work on Sunday, so packed up the family and headed to Sears.  Our adorable little nieces and nephew had fun meeting some of our co-workers.  Erin took some great pictures.  Casey kept looking at my funny when I was holding her. I'm not sure she knew what to do with two Aunt Bridget's.  Steve and I even got to get in one with the kids.  They love their Aunt Bridget and Uncle Steve.
They had to leave after we ate lunch in the food court.  It was a great weekend. :o)
We didn't do much else for the rest of the day since mother nature decided to dump tons of tons on us over the weekend.  Steve did rent a movie from Red Box, so we watched G-Force (which is a very cute movie) and ate some popcorn.
Red Box Movies - $1;
Kroger Popcorn = $1 for a box; Not having to pay more than $20 for the movie and popcorn at the theater=Priceless. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment