Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Stay-cation" 2010

Steve and I both took a week of vacation time this week from the YWCA.  I had to work a few nights at Sears, but Steve had off from both jobs.  Steve and I decided to use our vacation time to fix up our bathroom.  It's been on our to-do list since we moved in, so we figured we had the money saved up, it was as good a time as any.  The bathtub was chipped and really dirty, so it is being replaced with a Whirlpool tub with tile on the wall around it.  The toilet is being replaced with one that is more water bill-friendly and will not leak.  We are getting a new vanity and sink too.  The cabinet and mirror, we are keeping because we like them.  My dad put in the tile floor new when we moved in, so we are keeping that too.
Steve spent Tuesday, with the help of our friend Stacy, planning the project, taking measurements and ripping out the dry wall.   Stacy helped with the drywall part mostly.  I think they had some fun doing that. The drywall had to be replaced because there was some mold behind the old tub that we have to get rid of.  Wednesday and Today was spent going to Lowe's and Menards way too many times to get everything we need for the project.  Steve is working on the electrical right now, so we can put up the dry wall tomorrow and put everything in where they go. The plan is to have the project completed by the end of our vacation.  I'll post pictures of the finished project when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment