Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Friday, December 17, 2010

Six Months to Thirty (30)

Well, I'm sitting here listening to Christmas music and it occurred to me when I looked at the calendar that six months from tommorrow I am going to be 30.  I know to many people 30 doesn't seem like that old, but I remember thinking when I turned 20 of all the things that I wanted to do before I turned 30.  Back then 30 seemed so old, but it's funny how it doesn't seem that old to me now.  When I turned 20 I remember thinking that I wanted to married and at least have a child by the time I'm thirty, but I think that goes back to the fact that I thought 30 was really old.  When I got married at 25, I thought, "I want to be debt free by the time I'm thirty."  Well, we are still working on that.  Maybe by 40, we will be.  :o)
Well, in just six short little months, I will reach to milestone of 30 years old.  As I look back on the last decade, I think I did pretty good.  There may be a few things that I would do differently if I could go back and do them over again, but not many.  I consider myself to be very blessed.  I will be celebrating my half-birthday tommorrow by making Christmas cookies after work.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment