Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hope Deferred Makes the Heart Sick

I feel a little better than I did yesterday.  I just felt so overwhelmed and stressed yesterday it was making my stomach hurt.  Work has gotten really busy and things just seem so out of control.  I know they aren't but I can't help but feel so disorganized.  I find myself getting angry at the really small stuff that shouldn't matter.  I am so thankful that Steve and I have two jobs, so we are able to make some good headway on our debt, but I'm tired.  I really don't like weeks like this week when I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights and Steve works Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights.  We won't see much of eachother this week, except for the at YWCA, in the morning, and at bedtime.
On top of that, Steve and I are trying to get our house organized.  We have lived in the house for two years now and there are projects that were started that aren't done and we still can't use our garage.  The house seems to messy and cluttered.  I know I need to get more discipline to get everything done, especially if we plan to have kids someday.   "How do you eat an Elephant?"  One bite at a time, right.

I know that I have no reason to complain.  I have an amazing husband that is such a hard worker.  I have so many blessings.  I have a job that I love, amazing friends, a great supportive family, and so much more.  I am really looking forward to the Pitney Christmas get together this weekend.  It should be a much needed break with family.  Steve's brother and family are going to be staying us over the weekend.   This means we have to kid-proof the house and do some de-cluttering.  I'm exciting that they are coming though.

Lately everytime I feel overwhelmed and just want to quit and take a break from the two jobs, I just focus on this verse.  We are so close.
"Owe nothing to anyone--except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God's law." Romans 13:8

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment