Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Year in Review: 2010

Wow, I can't another year is over.  It seems like every year goes by faster than the one before. 

In April, we made the final payment on my student loan.  That really felt good.  I do not miss having that payment in my life.  Six years after graduation, I figured it was time to kick Sallie Mae out of the house.  Steve's family grew with the addition of twins.  Steve's cousin and her husband had one boy and one girl, David and Elizabeth.

In May, Steve and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary with dinner at Ruth Chris in Granger. I love him more every day.  We also took a week trip to Texas for a Total It Up training during the last week of May.   Total It Up is a five-day course that includes introductory classes on phonetics and phonology, grammar, language and culture learning, translation and semantics, as well as field reports, videos, and personal testimonies.  It was fun and we also go to see my best friend, Lizzy, and her family while we were there. 

In June, I celebrated my 29th birthday and the next day my cousin got married to his long-time girlfriend, Carrie.  She is awesome.  I'm so glad she is part of our family now and I'm even more excited that they are going to have their first child in July 2011.

July and August involved a lot of family time.  Over the 4th of July weekend, Steve's brother visited us and we got to meet our newest niece at 10 days old.  In August, my little brother got married and my parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary with an Alaskan Cruise.  We also welcomed another niece in August.  We got to meet her at Thanksgiving.  She is very cute.

The fall/winter was busy with October being Domestic Violence Awareness Month.  Steve participated again in the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes Event.  He raised $251 for the cause.  Our great friends, Tabby and Greg, welcomed their first child, Grant, at the end of October.  My friend Esther and her husband also welcomed a son and the chef at the YWCA and her husband welcomed a daughter.  This was the year for babies around our world and next year is looking to be another baby boom for us too.  For Thanksgiving, we got together with Steve's family.  We are both still working at Sears and the Christmas season is the busy time at work.  We survived the craziness though.  After Christmas, Steve and I took a week of vacation and Steve used the week to renovate our bathroom.  We are getting a new tub, a new toilet, and a new vanity. Steve did a really great job and it's almost done. 

We were blessed beyond belief this year.  I am so thankful for the amazing friends and family that we have.   I'm so looking forward to great adventures 2011 will have in store for us.


"To God be the glory, great things he hath done! So loved he the world that he gave us his Son, who yielded his life an atonement for sin, and opened the lifegate that all may go in."

No comments:

Post a Comment