Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Budget Cuts

The YWCA is having to cut back the budget again due to the loss of some grant money, so that means my hours are being cut again.  Starting this week, I will be getting off at noon on Fridays, so I will go from 40 hours a week to 36 hours a week.  I still will be considered Full Time and my benefits will not affected, so praise God for that.  Luckily, so far Steve's hours have not been affected.  Praise God for that too.  The last time the YWCA had to cut staff hours, Steve lost 8 hours a week, so I'm thankful that has not happened yet.
I trust that God is going to get us through this temporary set back in the budget.  Hopefully, the YWCA will get some new private donors, so we will not have to rely on government funding so much.
We are going to make some changes to our budget in the coming months and that will probably mean that we will have to slow down a little on our debt snowball, but I believe that we will make it work.  God has always provided for us in the past and I am trusting that He will continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment