Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mandisa: Voice of the Savior

I heard this song on the way to Sears yesterday and I really liked it, so I'm sharing it with you.



Mandisa-Voice of the Savior

Some people try to listen, to the bottom of a bottle
Some people try to listen, to a needle in their arm
Some people try to listen, to the money in their pocket
Some people try to listen, to another’s arms

{Chorus}
You and I are not that different
We got a void and we’re just trying to fill it up
With something that will give just a little peace
All we want is a hand to reach to
Open arms that say I love you
We’d give anything to hear
The voice of a Savior

Some people try to find it with blind ambition
Some people try to find it where no one else has gone
Some people try to find it in the crowns of victory
Some people get defeated and lose the strength to carry on

{Chorus}

Some people try to find it in the shadow of a steeple
Some people try to find it in the back row pew
Some people try to find it in the arms of Jesus
That’s where I found it, how about you?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bridget,
    Stopping by to say hi. Thanks for sharing Mandisa with us. How are you two doing? We are doing great and enjoying Jackson and being near our 2 daughters and 7 grandchildren. We get in on lots of things they have at school and church. The 2 oldest girls tried out for cheerleading this wk. and got to do cheers with the regular cheerleaders for Spring Arbor U. We still have a few boxes to unpack, and are looking forward to some craft time, and scrapbooking. Write on facebook when you can. Love Sue and Pastor Chuck
    Our blog is hustedshappenings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete