Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Friday, January 14, 2011

Goals for 2011

I decided that I didn't want to make a New Years Resolution this year.  I want to have a plan and a goal.  Resolutions without a plan is just a dream. Successful people reassess their lives and then start living intentionally, in writing, on paper, on purpose. Goal setting is how you win. Once you've made your resolutions, they will drive you forward. The goals will motivate you to seek activities that will help you succeed. It's not always fun, but those exercises bring you closer to your goal and make you a winner.

To Make Goals Happen They Must Be:
  1. Specific
  2. Measurable
  3. Your Goals
  4. A Time Limit
  5. In Writing
My Goals for 2011:
  1. Financial:
    1. We are going to pay off more in debt by the end of the year, than we did last year.
  2. Intellectual:
    1. I am going to read one non-Fiction book a month. 
    2. At least two of those books, will be topic I know nothing or not much about right now.
  3. Family:
    1. I am going to make a commitment to having a date night at least once a month, without the TV.
  4. Spiritual:
    1. I am going to make a start receiving a daily devotional online or Bible reading.
    2. I am going to read at least one Christian book this year.
  5. Career:
    1. I am going to read at least one career book this year.
  6. Physical:
    1. I am going to exercise, either on the Wii Fit or by walking, at least 3 times a week.  I want to get my BMI down 2 points by the time I turn 30 (6 months).

No comments:

Post a Comment